Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Violet Hill

Coldplay has been one of my all-time favorite bands, and they're coming out with a new album this year. Hurrah! But, they have a lot to prove to me this time around. My tastes are changing with the advent of online radio and albums available on torrent sites. I'm falling asleep as I write this (4 in the morning, anyone?) so I'll keep it short. I just downloaded (legally! via their website) they're latest single and it's been on repeat for a about the sixth time. Maybe it's because I miss Coldplay, but so far so good. My first impression is that Violet Hill sounds like a marching anthem. I'm not listening to the words, just the melody and the thump of the drums. I really enjoy this marching feeling and the guitar riffs are un-Coldplay-like. Great change of pace. If it weren't for Chris's voice, I would never have recognized this as a Coldplay track.

March on. For reasons unknown, march on.

No comments: