Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That's a Number One Hit

Wow.  I take back all the horrible things I've said about David Cook.  Out of everything I've heard on Idol, his version of Always Be My Baby is making me seriously consider getting it on iTunes.  It was so good.  The violins and everything just made the song soar.  I can imagine listening this to this on repeat on iTunes.  You have to understand:  I really didn't like his other performances that much.  Sure, Billie Jean was pretty good, but I just really didn't get him.  That's fine.  But, this performance was spot on.  I hate to say it, but I agree with Paula that this song could be on a motion picture soundtrack.  To add to that, I loved this song when I was in 6th grade or so, and to have it be remade and still love it says a lot about what David Cook did.

Of course, I definitely have to put Mariah Carey on legend status for being such a phenomenal song-writer.  To have all her songs stand up today and even be rearranged shows her legacy.

If David hadn't blown me away, I would have made this post about how Kristy Lee Cook really impressed me.  Seriously.  She is definitely moving up on my book.   I don't know the name of the song she performed, but I agree with Mariah, it gave me goosebumps.  I didn't think Kristy could genuinely make me enjoy one of her performances with no strings attached.  No flags and no country ho downs.

David Cook was far and away the number one tonight.  I can see why some may say he has the number one spot locked.  Kristy was number two for a sweet and genuinely enjoyable performance.  I'm almost not angry that Malubay is gone.  But if you think about it, I don't think Ramiele would have added anything to a Mariah song.  But I still love Malubay.

I'm actually surprised that my favorite going into tonight, Carly Smithson, was not even in the top three for me tonight.  I hope she's still here next week, because she has some chops and her other performances should be evidence enough to keep her on top.

Bottom Three:  Syesha, Jason, Brooke White.

I'm hoping either Jason or Syesha are voted off.  But with Michael Johns having left, it's always a toss-up.

No comments: