Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Fox News Alert

I always hear about the right-wing bias that Fox News has, but I never really witnessed it firsthand. Well, I don't know if you can consider what I am witnessing right now as evidence, but it still says something. There are three major cable news networks here: MSNBC, CNN, and of course, Fox News. Right now, around 2:50 pm (EST), General Petraeus is facing congress. He's supposed to talk about the progress of the surge of the US army in Iraq and whether there should be a pull-out once the surge is over. You know the deal about the US occupation/war in Iraq. It's important to hear firsthand from the general what's going on and what's in store for the future.

Well, I flip to CNN, the hearing is on. I flip to MSNBC, it's also on. But when I flip to Fox News, I see that dude from the VH1 show Best Week Ever talking about how The Simpsons is banned from Venezuela. Interesting choice for counter-programming. What happened, Fox News? The Iraq War not important enough to talk about? I know all new sources have their bias, but can Fox News at least pretend to not be.

No comments: