Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Too Hot

It is too frickin' hot here in the Northeast. I don't know how the West and the South do it, but this 97 degrees (F) plus weather is killing me. As a matter of fact, it has made me lazier than usual, if that's even possible. I do not want to leave the house because it's too hot and my skin burns easily since I'm so pasty white.

But the world believes I should go out more.

Just for health purposes, people need the sun to get their vitamin D. But what about all the skin cancer and skin damage? I could just eat more oily fish and take supplements. But I hate taking pills. I can take vitamins, but I won't enjoy it. With this burning weather I'd swallow a whole bottle not to have to go outside.

Thank god I am only taking one class this summer in the evenings. I won't have to dilly-dally all around the city in the afternoons. While that was so much fun last summer, I was employed back then and enjoying the benefits of teaching. Now I'm in a purgatory of uncertainty with the the only thing getting bigger is probably my weight.

No comments: