Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Taste my Adobo, Bitches

Surprise. I am not upset about what the President said about Filipino-Americans. First of all, of all the things that I could be upset about Bush's presidency, this remark is a non-issue. I can't even figure out how to make it an ignorant remark. The chef of the White House is Filipino and he was just saying that when he eats his food he is reminded of the talents of such Filipino-Americans. In no way can that be interpreted as an implication that Bush thinks Filipinos are just cooks. He may think that, which I don't believe he does, but his comments did not reflect that.

So, relax bloggers. Nothing to see here. In the mean time, while we all wait for the end of this administration, as a fellow Filipino-American, I offer you some lumpia.

No comments: