Monday, May 19, 2008

M. Night's "The Happening"

M. Night Shyamlan's new movie The Happening comes out this summer.  Check out the trailer first then decide.  So far, I'm very "meh" about this movie.  It's definitely not because it's by M. Night.  I've already come to terms that The Sixth Sense will be his best movie, but I am not a serial M. Night hater.  You just need to realize how good his first movie was and then tone it a tad bit down for the rest, but I actually really liked Signs and I liked The Village (but not too much).

People and animals, I think, are dying all around the world.  People are scared and panicking.  No one know what's happening.  It sounds like a good suspenseful premise.  I feel like it could be a J.J. Abrams type of Lost thing, but quieter and creepy.  But it's just the damn trailer and makes it look horrible.  Rumor has it that there's no real resolution in the movie.  It might end in a cut-to-black or the actual "happening" is invisible or imagined.  Actually, as I am writing this I am starting to feel a little hyped for this movie.  I just hope that the resolution is satisfying or at least I can syphon some deeper meaning whilst everyone else hurrah-hurrah's for the stupid Hulk movie.  (I'm still going to see the Hulk.  But not in theaters necessarily.)

I guess you shouldn't watch the trailer.  That way, the whole suspense and atmosphere of the movie won't be spoiled.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, but I won't be holding my breath.  (Lady in the Water just hurt me too much.)

No comments: