Friday, May 09, 2008

Check Out My Stimulus Package

What would I do with my stimulus check? Let's see: I'm unemployed because I quit my job months ago. I'm still in grad school part-time for a degree that will get me back into the same job that I quit. I'm living at home and living-- err, I mean, mooching off of mama and papa (emphasis on the second syllables). And, I am slowly chipping away from my savings. Actually, it's not slow, I am blowing it.

Most people are going to save it. They're the smart ones. They're the ones with discipline and jobs. They have the foresight to look to their retirements. But what can I say? I'm in my mid-20s (almost wrote 'early', arghh!) and I think I should focus on enjoying myself. About a year ago, when I was enjoying work (summer is awesome, not just for students, but for teachers) I was thinking of saving up to go travel for this summer. I wanted to save up enough to so I could pay for my brothers also. But of course, plans change. Now I'm taking it slow.

I still want to enjoy myself. So I'll feed my second addiction, which is video games! Depending on how much I get, I plan on saving it temporarily and earmarking it for a nice Playstation 3. Grand Theft Auto IV is begging to be played, but I want that PS3 bundle that comes with Metal Gear Solid IV. I may have to spend more than the stimulus, but this is a great excuse to blow several hundreds of dollars. What was I gonna save for anyway? A car? Well, maybe that would make more sense, but I have the urge to splurge on gaming. Plus, you know my Wii is horrible for anything but Smash Bros.

I dont' know. Maybe I should wait until the price of a Playstation 3 is more manageable, like around $200 to $300. Who knows if I'll even get a check.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't even have an HD tv to enjoy this sucka.

No comments: