Thursday, March 20, 2008

Esteban! Donde Estas?

Will I regret getting hooked on the Lost phenomenon?  Though I have only recently jumped on the bandwagon, I am questioning that decision due to a few others falling (or purposely jumping) off.

The main reason I question this devotion is the theory that the Lost guys have no frackin' (Go, Battlestar Galactica!) clue as to what is going on.  Scratch that.  It's not that they don't know; It's more that they are pulling ideas and mysteries out of their collective ass.  I can imagine the Lost's writers room full of guys and gals literally spewing out ideas in a manner that needs medical attention (Hey maybe there's this weird smoke that floats around and sounds like a machine!).  I'm pretty sure if someone randomly used a dictionary to choose any three words, the Lost writers might actually consider and actually be able to insert those "ideas" into the show.  Seriously.  Ghosts and Polar Bears.  How about how Hugo doesn't lose any weight period?

Argh.

I am still a huge fan.  How can I not be, I've only started watching and catching up on Lost last year.  My biggest fear is that after the next final two seasons the show will not have a satisfying conclusion that answers every single little thing Lost.  I really hope the writers do some serious researching about their show's mythology.  I don't want the show to end and some fan picks up some inconsistencies.

In some ways, even as bad as I feel the second season of Heroes was, it at least answered questions without too many other questions.

No comments: