Monday, February 18, 2008

Phat Phantom Beatz (with a Z)

Maybe I was just really sleepy, but I could not fall asleep in my own bed last night.  When I laid down to sleep, I heard this muffled thumping beat.  It wasn't loud enough to wake up my brothers, but it was loud enough to annoy me.  The weird part was I only heard it when I was in my bed.  When I got up to search for the sound it stopped!  I know what a vibrating phone sounds like and it was not that.  Even that would have been better sleep music (like a trapped robot mouse trying to escape a desk drawer).  Nor was it someone blasting "awesome" beats out of their pimped-out auto.  I opened the window to give the owners a piece of my mind, but I didn't hear it.  

Eventually I gave up.  I cursed my bed and took my sheets to the basement.  I ended up sleeping on the uncomfortable couch-- not the nice leather one in the living room (the room has funny shadows).  On the way down I almost fell down the stairs and I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost.  Note to self:  sleep early next time to avoid poltergeists.

It was 4 am when I woke up to go back to my own bed to avoid my aunt from waking up and seeing me on the couch.  I think I dreamed that I was back at work again.  The funny thing is I felt peaceful knowing I was employed, even though I left that hell hole that had been stressing me out ever since.  Maybe being unemployed has made me develop calluses towards teaching.  Hopefully I'll be back on my feet sometime before living at home isn't cute anymore.  Maybe then I can escape these phantom beats.

And dream about not working.

No comments: