Thursday, August 23, 2007

Column A and Column B

*cough* *cough*

That's me coughing because of all the dust that this blog has accumulated. Time to dust it off. (Oh, yeah, by the way, I hate using those asterisks to pretend I'm coughing-- it's my first time so I hope no one gets used to it)

Time to stay focused for this post.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new laptop. I have two options in mind: the macbook (drool...) or your omnipresent windows notebooks. I'm having a tough time figuring out what to pick. On the one hand macbooks (drool...) is oh so sexy, but then you have the familiar notebooks which you feel "safe" with because you've been with forever.

What do I need a lappy for? Nothing really, I just want to have something to kill time with and surf the web and possibly do multimedia work if I'm ever motivated. I could possibly make videos and join this youtube craze. I heard peeps get discovered on the interweb so I might try my hand at being the next Spielberg (I'm not cool enough to know any other directors off the top of my-- Scorcese, meh).

I'm also a gamer, but more of a console gamer since I'm not too good with computers and PCs are expensive. Since I'm not so good with computers maybe a mac will be best since I heard it' more reliable and does not need much tweeking out of the box. Less maintenance too. But it's also uber expensive. While I am a balla/baller I'm having second thought on spending it on a macbook.

But I'm also a little swayed by aesthetics and the fact that Veronica Mars used a powerbook is a plus (Don't know VMars? Tsk tsk. Typical human hehe).

Anyway, if I do get a macbook, I may have to wait for October when OSX Lepoard comes out. If I'm impatient and want more bang for my buck I may settle for the familiar notebook which I'll just tweak like hell and ask Ol' Sutiben for help (hehe shoutout to S- dog).

Laters.

1 comment:

Su Ti Ben said...

You should definitely get a mac. The new features they coming out are worth it and change is good. You'll be the coolest kid in the block .... for once. hehe. Plus you worry less in terms of security as it's more intuitive and purty.

Oh yeah, good that this blog is still up and kicking.